In this post back in January, I talked about a reading challenge I rec’d in an email. I was going to update it intermittently through the year. So, the ones in blue are the ones I answered back in January. The ones in bold are the ones I’ve completed since, , and the remainder are to-be-answered.
I haven’t gotten very far because, honestly, I thought just working my way through my usual booklist would hit most of these. I’ve read an average of 5 books a month this year, but … yeah. These are actually weirdly specific criteria, haha.
- A book published this year– Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen, by Lois McMaster Bujold
- A book you can finish in a day (done — Married with Zombies)
- A book you’ve been meaning to read (done — Outlander)
- A book recommended by your local librarian/ book seller — The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate (recommended at a Scholastic Book Fair a few years ago and on my list ever since. Finally read it.)
- A book you should have read in school.
- A book chosen for you by a spouse/ sibling/ child/ parent — kind of cheating, but we jokingly call DJ my sister-wife, so yeah. She recommended it, I finally read it. The Gunslinger, first Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series.
- A book published before you were born.
- A book that was banned at some point.
- A book you previously abandoned.
- A book you own but have never read.
- A book that intimidates you.
- A book you’ve already read at least once.