- I am grateful I have my own car, that I don’t share with my husband. I love John, but I don’t love his tendency to create messes. My car, for the first time in 10 years, is clean. No empty soda pop bottles or crumpled paper or food wrappers or dirty plates. I’ve had this car for a few weeks now, and it’s still clean. I love it.
- I am grateful John started dinner in the slow cooker.
- I am grateful John took me out to Mini Saigon at lunch. Love that place.
- I am grateful I’m comfortable in skirts. Given the choice, I’d prefer to wear jeans. But I own lots of skirts. They’re comfortable and I’m used to wearing them, thanks to being raised in a church that required dresses and skirts for Sunday wear. I know that may sound like a kinda dumb thing to be grateful for, but people always tell me how they can’t wear skirts because they feel uncomfortable or weird in them, and I really am grateful that I don’t have that issue. It makes buying and supplementing my work wardrobe so much easier.
- I am grateful for warm tights. I’m not down with this gross trend of bare legs with skirts or dresses. I don’t think bare, flabby (or chicken-neck skinny) legs with all the flaws — little red hair bumps, faint bruises, stretch marks, veins, etc. — is very professional. Plus it’s cold. So I’m grateful tights seem to be making a fashion comeback, and I’m grateful there are so many options for warm, cute, fun tights. I really like tights.