- I’m grateful I drive a manual transmission again, because damn does it make everyday errands fun!
- I’m grateful today was Paralegal Appreciation Day or whatever appreciation day it is. The bosses got us all cards w/ $20 each in them, bought us ice cream for a little office party, and let us go an hour early. It was kickass. I went to see John at his work and we ate lunch/ dinner (his lunch, my dinner) together before I went to class.
- I’m grateful for friends like Dee. She was so sick yesterday that she called in to work, so John and I were talking about either him calling in or me skipping class today — but then Dee called and said she was feeling better and she would watch Kidling after school. I was like, are you sure you’re good to do this, and she said she was. Then after I got out of class, we hung out and watched Walking Dead and bullshitted for like an hour and half. What a great way to unwind.
- I’m grateful for my dad. He called today and he was all goofy and silly like usual, cracking jokes and asking how each of us are doing and telling me how proud he is of me. It’s nice to talk to my daddy.
- I’m grateful for Linda #2. Yeah, she’s still Linda #2, and yeah, I maybe don’t get along as well with her as I wish I did . . . but she makes my dad happy, and that’s the most important thing. I may not agree with some of the things she says and does, but at the end of the day I’m not the one married to her. Dad seems pretty happy with his choice, and that makes me happy.