- Fruit tarts. I don’t know what genius came up with these, but they’re the awesomest. The best ones are light on the ‘tart’ and heavy on the ‘fruit’.
- Walking. John and I have been walking everywhere, and it’s getting to the point where a day without a walk feels unfinished.
- This Glee quote: “You know what they call a unicorn without a horn? A friggin’ horse.” Love it!
- My son has 2-6 friends over nearly every day. The house is crowded with children, but they eat all the brownies and cookies and cupcakes I make, so I can finally bake without guilt — and my son has fun with friends!
- Renting my home. I especially love it when our dishwasher breaks in the same week we have a medical emergency, and it’s not an issue. The landlord will fix the dishwasher; we manage the medical emergency.
- This new series I’m reading by Brandon Sanderson — Mistborn. And holy crap, I just realized why that name is naggingly familiar to me — a friend of mine mentioned that her friend had finished writing the Wheel of Time Series after Robert Jordan died, and that I should really give the series another chance because he really brought it back in from the sprawling mess Jordan left. I thought she was just talking up her friend, but at this point (halfway through the second Mistborn book), I’m thinking Sanderson has the talent to rescue that hot mess. I just don’t want to subject myself to Wheel of Time again. Good god.