It’s one of those end of year recap/ tag things.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Can’t think of anything in particular, at least not that I want to share on a family-oriented blog.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make New Years Resolutions, actually. I think the entire concept is retarded, guilt-trippy and doomed to failure. So no and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my sister in law gave birth to the darling and beautiful Mea, my absolute favorite little girl in the entire world.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I’m sad to report that yes, we did lose another family member in 2009.
5. What countries did you visit? None — although sometimes I feel as though my state of mind takes me to foreign lands of emotion that I’ve never known before.
6. What did you get really, really, really, really excited about? My birthday (I always do, though I try to hide it), Little A’s birthday, our wedding anniversary (I always do, though I try to hide it), Mea’s birth, J.L.’s birthday, and summertime.
7. What do you wish you’d done more of? Riding my motorcycle in the summer. Going on dates with my husband.
8. What was the best book you read? This is one of those questions that’s impossible to answer, because books are good for different reasons, so rated as “best” on different scales. Best sci-fi? Best romance? Best self-help? Best autobiography? Best fantasy? Best historical fiction? Best what? Too vague.
9. What is something you wanted but didn’t get? The Nook e-reader from Barnes and Noble. It will come. It will come.
10. What kept you sane? My medications, one must assume.
11. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? The usual. A little bit classic prep with a dash of 90’s stoner/ skater vintage.
12. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2009? I sort of re-learned an old lesson. One I already knew, but it was reinforced: You can’t change other people, you can only change your own reactions and attitudes.